Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Why do you like Japan?

I had an interesting talk with one of my sensei yesterday. We talked mostly about career, Japan and he asked me these questions I really can't get out of my head... he's a M.Phil. in japanese. He also researches about the japanese tea ceremony and teaches japanese history so I guess it's just natural for him to try to see things in a different light. I told him that I wanted to have a job where I could use my japanese skills in the future. He told me that to stay one step ahead of other people and to get to do what I want, I have to figure myself out first. What is it that you want to do? Why do you like Japan? he asked me, I thought I knew but I have no freaking clue. I just do and that's not an answer.

 I guess it all started with manga and anime but that is clearly not the case right now. They are just a hobby to me now, my interest in Japan has grown into something I can't quite grasp. How can I make a career choice when I don't even know what I like.
I started making this mind map but I soon realized that the paper didn't have room enough for all the things I wanted to write down. I just thought I'd write down the things I like about Japan and then all the things I think about when I hear those words. Some words pops up several times on different lines, like art and food but that's nothing new, those two are probably the most important things in my life.
There isn't ONE reason to why I like Japan, I mean look at that! and that's not even all. How do you explain this to someone? There is no way to do that.
This may have started of as something very very small and innocent but with this it's all too clear to me that I've totally emerged myself in this world... and I never want to get out because I fucking love it all.

So... why do you like Japan?

No comments:

Post a Comment